Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Writing Assignment #1

Long-term Vision

In the future, I'm thinking of setting up a culture school, teaching English, Japanese Calligraphy, Ballet streches. It would be for anyone who wants to learn; small children going to kindergarden, students, career women or housewives. First, I would like to start in a small room in my house. Later on, as there are more students I will change the room to an office, an office to a company. I will hire part-time teachers from those who are high school students, university students and housewives. There will be a system that if you teach something in the field you're good at you will be able to take other classes for free. Although eventually I want to manage the system and the finances, I would always be by the side of the students teaching. I will also ask my mother as a public health nurse and my sister as a teacher of Spanish&Flamenco teacher to hold a class. Hopefully, I could involve my family when they have time and raise my own children surrounded by a lot of people.

Short-term goals

In order to reach the long-term vision, I'm sure I'm going to graduate university and work for a company for a while. At university I'm taking many classes conected to the future like business, education, communication, Japan studies. I haven't decided my major yet so to make a decision, to keep studying for that will be my nearest goal. In the company, I'd like to learn how company works, how people works, how hard it is to earn money and to be an adult dealing with hard things managing all by myself. In the process,I would like to be a person who is attractive in many ways, not only about the leadership and team building but also having communication skills, sociability, manners, etc. I hope I can achieve these small goals step by step as I take the class.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naoko,

    What a great vision and goals you have! I am reminded of a woman I used to study yoga with years ago. She got really into yoga, started her own studio (in Kichijoji) then started another studio, then started to really get into Eastern teachings, meditation, and the like, and has been very successful. She simply loved what she did and everything else just happened naturally.

    I hope the same for you.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete